From: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim White
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 12:23 PM
To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RT] The Fourth Turning

The scenarios below were published in 1997 in the book "The Fourth Turning - An American Prophecy". While the book offers these as only examples of possibilities leading to the unraveling of the social fabric, it is clear from the remarkable similarity with current events that we are truly in The Fourth Turning as forecast by the book. I urge all of you to read this book and understand the potential impact of these tumultuous times on our personal welfare. You might also investigate the work of Harry S. Dent (www.HSDent.com) on demographic projections and their economic impact.

Most of us have a very narrow view of our environment and seldom step back to try to see the broader picture. These publications provide us with a broader view.

SCENARIOS FOR CRISIS:

(1) "Beset by a fiscal crisis, a state lays claim to its residents' federal tax monies. Declaring this an act of session. the president obtains a federal injunction. The governor refuses to back down. Federal marshals enforce the court order. Similar tax rebellions soaring up in other states. Treasury bill auctions are suspended. Militia violence breaks out. Cyberterrorists destroy IRS databases. U.S. special forces are put on alert. Demands issue for a new Constitutional Convention"

(2) "A global terrorist group blows up an aircraft and announces it possess portable nuclear weapons. The United States and its allies launch a preemptive strike. The terrorists threaten to retaliate against an American city. Congress declares war and authorizes unlimited house-to-house searches. Opponents charge that the president concocted the emergency for political purposes. A nationwide strike is declared. Foreign capital flees the U.S."

(3)    "An impasse over the federal budget reaches a stalemate. The president and Congress both refuse to back down, triggering a near-total government shutdown. The president declares emergency powers. Congress rescinds his authority. Dollar and bond prices plummet. The president threatens to stop Social Security checks. Congress refuses to raise the debt ceiling. Default looms. Wall street panics."

(4) "The Center for Disease Control and Prevention announces the spread of a new communicable virus. The disease reaches densely populated areas, killing some. Congress enacts a mandatory quarantine measures. The president orders the National Guard to throw prophylactic cordons around unsafe neighborhoods. Mayors resist. Urban gangs battle suburban militias. Calls mount for the president to declare martial law."

(5) "Growing anarchy throughout the former Soviet republics prompts Russia to conduct training exercises around its borders. Lithuania erupts in civil war. Negotiations break down. UP.SO diplomats are captured and publicly taunted. The president airlifts troops to rescue them and orders ships into the Black Sea. Iran declares its alliance with Russia. Gold and oil prices soar. Congress debates restoring the draft."

I wish each and everyone of you a happy holiday and prosperous New Year.

Jim White
Pivot Research & Trading Co.
PivotTrader.com