[RT] Consumers

I had an opportunity to view first hand what the consumer is doing
Friday night.  My wife and I decided to have dinner at the Olive
Garden and we arrived there about 7:30 P.M.  (Remember, we are
talking about Florida and not New York.  Here, the dinner hour is
typically 6:00 or so).  The parking lot was full.  The neighboring
businesses' parking lots were full.  (They were closed).  The parkway
grass was full of autos.  There were 50 or so people waiting outside
and nearly that many inside.  Now, this is not an upscale restaurant
in my view but rather a medium scale, family restaurant.  The tourist
season has not begun here as yet so these were residents.  Many of
the customers were young and many others were obviously blue collar
workers.   I don't know how the holiday spending will come out but I
can see clearly that Americans are not giving up their wife's
favorite recipe and that is *menu*.  :)

Bob

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional