Re: [RT] SPX & NDX Volume

I agreed with that Ben.  It hasn't been a healthy recovery/bounce but I see no more reason to believe that the broader market won't catch up to the blue chips than I do that the blue chips will sink to the broader market.  Oil is down, we have full employment, interest rates are low, earnings are mixed but more positive than not and the banking mess is about baked into the cake.  Plus, I trade on fundamentals and seasonality is one of those fundamentals.  Anyway, whoever is right or wrong is of little consequence since we are both nimble and let the markets tell us what to do.

Bob

At 07:25 PM 12/2/2007, you wrote:
helloBob
I   am willing to say i am wrong If   we close above 1500 sp500 cash, and, new hi new low improve,
however
after  a nice up week last week we still have more new lows than new hi
this is not a healthy mkt
Ben
----- Original Message -----
From: BobsKC
To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2007 5:05 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] SPX & NDX Volume

I'm not so sure about this.  Seasonality has a lot of influence on the markets and we are now in a strong period for the markets.  We have seen a 10% correction and much more than that in the non blue chips.  The broader market has not recovered much from the past weeks of correction.  It is not easy to answer the question of "if not stocks, where do I put my money?" .. I would be very cautious about taking up short positions until we see if seasonality will win over the banking concerns.  (Much of which has been baked into the averages).

Bob