RE: [RT] E-mini Russell 2000

Well, I'm not going to beat a dead horse. I am
speaking after being in actual planning meetings about
this contract's potential future.

Let's assume it's dead after Sep 08 and if we get a
pleasant surprise, good for all of you that trade it.
But as I said, and I'll stick with this as fact since
I have seen the original contract and been in the
meetings, the CME has the right to keep listing new
contracts IF they add open interest. If there is no
open interest added, the contract expires--at any
point, not just Sep 2008.

These press releases are each side putting their spin
on the situation: ICE needs to get you all excited
about the Russell and hope people trade it there [not
likely] and the CME has to make it look like they
moved on because they have a new and improved product
[Much as I am a CME guy, I haven't seen a new and
improved broader index future I'd trade my money with.
If I see one, I'll yell...The search is continuing for
one in my opinion].

Unless someone asks me a specific question about the
rights or this contract, I'll just go cook turkey and
leave it alone.

For those of you that celebrate, Happy Thanksgiving!
If you do not, have a great week.

Tim

http://www.cme.com/trading/prd/equity/emini-russell2000.html

> It scares the hell out of me when these electronic
> exchanges malfunction,
> Globex rarely so anymore, ECBOT more so and ICE .
> well.. Seems that we don't
> have much time to get a new contract up and running
> and well established.
>

> Andrew

=== message truncated ===

<*> Your email settings: