RE: [RT] weekly analysis

> I think we will push through $100 a barrel on oil not so much because of demand but simply to have done it and I also believe that the actual supply and demand of the product puts a price of around $75 per barrel on it with the rest being speculation.The Arabs are planning on oil settling at around $60 short term and $40 long term and have built these numbers into their economic models.

The Saudi's keep saying they have reserves and will pump more oil however it has not been forthcoming. My reading leaves me to believe that they are not pumping it because they don't have it to pump. Majority of oil is now in hands of national oil companies which are driven more by politics than efficiency and preservation of reserves. In many cases, established fields are being depleted due to poor practices. Shortages are global. I think a global slow-down/recession will provide some temporary relief but the days of $60 and $40 per barrel oil are gone.

Earl