Re: [RT] The Dollar

Ben:

I agree they are not stupid. They were some of the
finest traders in the world long before we were
wearing anything but animal skins [we being Europeans
that then came to America].

That being said, they are a little like America in the
expansion period of the 1920's. They are growing SO
fast and have so few people compared to what they need
to take advantage of all the wonderful profit
potential sitting in their laps, they currently do not
have the time, energy or people to do as surgical an
allocation method as you described. They'd like
to--trust me, I am constantly being asked to move my
family because they want to build a very large new
investment arm that would deal with nothing but market
timing, investment timing and materials purchasing
timing--but they are simply overwhelmed meeting the
daily demands of keeping up with how fast eveything is
growing and moving.

That being said...They are NOT invested in the U.S. in
a large way. Those days are over. They, along with the
majority of pro U.S. Royals and several other ex major
U.S. asset holders have been diversifying for some
time. But the Chinese are not managing currency
exposures for profits on a daily or weekly basis. Not
yet. But they have lots of money. Lots.

They're not stupid. They were just resting,
waiting...and I believe it's safe to say they are
awake now.

Tim

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional