Re: [RT] wired vs wireless lan for trading

If you do go wireless, be sure and do a simple speed test before and after so you can decide.  As Bob notes, you can quickly move to the slow lane as subscribers come on line.  Here is one.
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
Roger

Many claims are made for router speeds but like cable internet, they are based on unrealistic, ideal, terms such as you are the only subscriber to the cable.  Once your neighbors hook up, that speed they brag about disappears.  Much is true with wireless routers.  If you hook up to a wireless router from 5 feet away, you may approximate the speed they advertise but I doubt it.  The newest wireless technology which is the "N" suffix adaptability and showed 22mbs at 100' and 16mbs at 160' .. bottom line is, if you don't want to sacrifice the best possible speed at the wire, run the wire to the computers.

Hope this helps,

Bob