Re: Re: Re: [RT] The Markets

Ira,
By no means I am saying you are wrong, What I am saying is,cus of easy communications, companies do not have to be in New York.
About your point About Japenese car plants, they have no choice, they have to be in US,you know the reasons other then concessions, but knowledge base companies are not getting the right breaks in US.
You are right I am not as ancient as you (just kidding)and I do not disagree about your worries of inflation, but these are cycles, they will come and go.
Wish you and everybody in this group, best trading
next week
rashid

>From: Ira <mr.ira@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Date: 2007/10/13 Sat PM 09:41:44 CDT
>To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Re: [RT] The Markets

>As I said, it was sent to me and I forwarded.  Your friend may have moved for one reason and others may for another.  Each company makes its moves based upon what is best for it.  There are also tax breaks all over the United States if one wants to look.  Look at all the foreign car companies that move to the south and there are ads all over about breaks for companies to move to the Midwest.   Wait and see what happens when the carry trade doesn't work any more.  Many of you don't remember what happened in the late 60s with the housing crash, the 70s with the spike in oil prices, then run away inflation at the end of the Vietnam war.  We are looking at the same situation at this time.  First the housing crash.  Next the end of the war in Iraq. Then bingo, inflation.   People walked away from their houses in the 60s because the loans where greater than the value of the home.  Try and buy a house at 1968 prices today.  Gold is moving very near the 1970 highs and if it tops at the 1970s dollar purchase price value it will end up way over $1000.  Right now my projection shows that the low on a retracement in crude would be $70 and the projected high is over $100.   Everyone that uses technical analysis looks at past action to see what the future might hold.  That is all that I am doing.  I don't know how old you are, but unless you are over 50 you have no idea what can happen.  You haven't seen a 1987 type crash, You haven't seen 20% plus interest rates.  If things with the balance of payments and national debt are not brought under control the interest on the debt will take more and more money to pay it off.  Especially since the government has seen fit to move most of that debt to short term instruments.  You could see the dollar like the Lira before it went to the Euro.  15,000 Lira for a cup of coffee if you sit down to drink it.  Less if  you stand.  I come from a generation where hotdogs were a dime and hamburgers were 15 cents.  I just paid $12 for a hamburger.  Granted it wasn't Burger King, but still.
 week in Iraq and there are no funds for anything domestic that should be taken care of.  True a billion isn't what it used to be, but it is still a lot of money. Ira
> [...]
>

>Ira,
>Companies moving to London has nothing to do with Dollar   decline,not at the moment any way.It has do with better business climate,and   extraordinary tax breaks.
>A friend of mine, who owns a software   company,decided to move to London from NY, was simply saving of approx million   dollars.
>rashid
>
>>From: Ira <mr.ira@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>Date:   2007/10/13 Sat PM 04:37:30 CDT
>>To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>Subject:   Re: [RT] The Markets
>

>>Here is something that was sent to me   and I thought that it might be of interest to all. At some point the   continuing decline in the dollar is going to become a major issue. For   example, a euro-based investor if invested in the DJIA and adjusting for   European inflation, over the past six years they would have lost 3.9% per   year(this doesn't include allowing for dividends). We say we are now apart of   a global economy......then at some point, foreign investors IMO will say   enough is enough with our dollar heading south and impacting their investments   in this country. Using the same principal for the NASDAQ foreign   investors.....they have lost 40% over the past six years. Does one wonder   why more and more of the Wall Street business is moving to London and other   foreign countries?
>>
>>Ira
>>www.delta100.com -----   Original Message ----- From: Ben To: vince ; realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 11:33 AM Subject: Re: [RT] The Markets
>>
>> hello Bob unless we close above 1577.71 sp500 cash next 1-2   trading days then,, i am wrong and they are holding it up until expiration   (fri) then will let the air out Ben ----- Original Message ----- From: BobsKC   To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 2:04 PM Subject: Re: [RT] The Markets
>>
>>At 12:09 PM 10/13/2007, you wrote:
>> I have been   reading in various groups about a bear market, key reversal days and tops in   the various markets. As of right now none of the indexes have given a sell   signal with the system that I use. There may be a reversal that could be   triggered in the coming week or so, but nothing that says that a major move   down is underway or about to begin.
>>"What is due to happen is what has   been happening until it doesn't happen any more" A tech and a fundamentalist   agree? We should mark our calenders and have a few beers. :)
>>
>>I   sold my afore mentioned block of SDTH in the premarket Thursday morning for a   5.00 ps gain. At 10:45 EDST, Forbes came out with a report that it was   over-heated which caused a 2.00 drop. Sometimes, luck is a great trading   assistant.
>>
>>Good luck to all next week
>>
>>Bob
>>

>>No virus found in this incoming   message.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)