Re: [RT] StockChartX & TraderScript - TRADE NAVIGATOR & AMIBROKER

I am a discretionary trader. Therefore I am not qualified to comment either way except to report what I have heard WRT to system design capabilities, AT(automated trading) scripting. The opinion of ALMOST ALL of  the converts from TS camp  is that AB is by far the best  product in the market. To get exact answers and verify if the product suits your needs, look up AB  in yahoo groups  and join the AB group. The folks on the AB forum are quite helpful. Standard disclaimer - I have no monetary interest in promoting the product.

Rakesh

----- Original Message ----
From: Deosaran Bisnath <deobisnath@xxxxxxxxx>
To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 5:46:52 AM
Subject: Re: [RT] StockChartX & TraderScript - TRADE NAVIGATOR & AMIBROKER

JOE:
Thanks. I downloaded the demo (hefty, all of 42 plus MB), will look at it later. I am very interested in the system backtester. Almost every product has a different scripting language, can't get away from that. But, is it more than just a trivial "if close > 10-bar average, then buy".  I want to backtest with stop loss, profit objective, trailing stop, and combination of indicator, e.g. momentum, volume, and a customized indicator. Have you seen this capability in Trade Navigator?  How is the support? User forums?  Is the product stil in beta mode, or have they released any end-user version?  What about Analysis of  Trades, e.g.  % winners & losers, max drawdown, equity curve, min & max winners/losers etc

RAKESH: same questions apply to AmiBroker,  your answers and comments appreciated.

Thanks to all who responded. I read at EliteTrader forum  Murray Ruggiero has a product called TradersStudio, with bundled systems, including Murray's version of Turtles.

Regards,

Deo

Joe Duffy <keypoint@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Trade Navigator should be hooked up to all the major brokers over the next few months. It will allow you to trade direct from the chart or with a ladder. I have been a beta tester though I don't get anything for that except the software to test. The system backtester is very good and easy to use and the drawing tools and indicator list is extensive. Support is good. They still have a couple of cosmetic issues with how they track trades and how the ladder works but that is why they have beta testers. The President of Genesis Glen Larson is the type of stand up guy that really cares about getting it right more then just getting it out there. I believe Trade Navigator will be a real player in the market.