RE: [RT] extract from market volume

I don't disagree with your methodology, Ira. That said, I believe that the risks in this market are so elevated that the odds of reaching retracement objectives are lower than usual. I do not want to be long this market nor do I want to miss the move down if it resumes unexpectedly. Finally, I no longer remain glued to the computer screen as I did when I day traded.

Earl

-----Original Message-----
From: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ira
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 9:09 AM
To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RT] extract from market volume

Everyone has a different way of handling price objectives.  I prefer the exit trades at price objectives and then re-enter when a move restarts in either direction.  As of last night the indexes had hit price objectives and the indicators were over extended.

There is another method of exit and that would be at an entry price for the reverse trade, a correction.  A couple of the indexes have hit those entry prices and created price objectives higher.

Is this a restart of a bull move?  I don't think so.  Can one make money being long?  Yes.  Will one have to be agile?  Yes.  I find no reason to hold a position or shift a position when price is moving against you.  With no position you can think clearly because you have no position to defend and you can go long or short based upon what you see on the charts.

I know that Earl has been trading for years and from my understanding, successfully.  Different trading strategies is what makes markets.  Selling or buying projected highs and lows is not my cup of tea.  Others are successful at it.  My motto has always been, prove to me that you are going higher/lower and then I will commit my funds.  You don't get the high or the low that way, but you can get that 80% in the middle.

Once again, just one man's opinion,  Ira.