[RT] GOOG

Hi!

 Am I missing something here.  I realize that it is late and I am sleepy, but something just doesn't seem right.  Either I am looking at things all wrong due to the hour or the world has gone nuts.

GOOG is coming out with earnings.  The stock is at 399 according to my screen.  The 400 straddle can be sold for 26.50 based upon bid/bid.  The 380 put is selling for 6.30 and the 420 call is selling for 4.70 or a total of 11 dollars.

You can sell that butterfly for a 15 credit right now.  If they are right and the stock does move 26 what should that outside combination be worth.  If nothing else what are the trading opportunities for trading the 410, 400, and 390 calls and puts while long the outside combination. With the anticipated volatility can the straddle be sold for 31 plus and a zero risk situation.  Can the box be sold for 51+.  that is if the outside combination is bought for 11.

Right now the stock is trapped between 360 and 430. Plenty of trading range. I have interim support at 385 and interim resistance at 420.  I have an ultimate upside target of 480 and an ultimate downside target of 309 at this time.  There are intermediate price objectives that could act as support and resistance.

The question is will the earnings report produce the volatility necessary to obtain the results they think might be possible.  The really interesting thing is that the volatility of GOOG is 24.15 and the implied volatility for the options is in the 80s.  So should you sell the straddle or the outside combination with only 2 trading days left?

A conundrum for a sleepyhead.

Ah! What a dilemma.   Have a good trading day.  Ira.

Business finance uk Business finance course Business finance online course
Business finance class Small business finance Business finance schools

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS