[RT] Natural Gas Contracts

I'm researching the new NG contracts traded on Globex. Information on the NYMEX website describes the two contracts:

Two financially-settled natural gas (HH & HP) contracts are available for trading on the CME Globex® system. The HH contract settles on the same date as the physically-delivered NG contract and HP is a penultimate contract. Both contracts are listed for 72 months.
  • HP: Trading terminates at the close of business four business days prior to the first calendar day of the delivery month.
  • HH: Trading terminates at the close of business three business days prior to the first calendar day of the delivery month.
I don't understand why there are two contracts which settle a day a part nor do I understand which will have the greatest liquidity. "Penultimate" is defined on M-W as "next to the last". I'd like to understand what I'm trading and I'm confused. Can anyone here help?

Earl

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS