[RT] Bill maridian for june

Short-Term Geocosmics:

There are no major geocosmic signatures in effect this coming week. The cosmic action ended last week, and correlated with a major or primary cycle trough in many markets, especially stocks. Now we have to see how high this current rally will carry equities before we can determine whether or not the 4-year cycle crest actually ended with the crests of May 4-12. To determine that, we will need to examine carefully the structure of this rally, and how long it lasts. If the bull market is still intact, the rally should last more than 8 weeks. If bearish, it would likely last less than 5 weeks. Our next test via geocosmics will come June 4-22, our third huge cluster zone of the year. The former were March 1-17 and April 30-May 10. Both hit perfectly.

In the June 4-22 period, there will be seven Level 1 signatures (strongest correlations to primary or greater cycles). We also had seven Level 1 signatures in the April 30-May 10 time band. Most noteworthy in the June 4-22 period is the second passage of the Jupiter-Saturn waxing square of June 22. Also important will be the waxing square of Sun-Uranus (June 5) and Uranus turning retrograde (June 19). With Uranus, you must expect volatility, and the unexpected. It is an ?earthquake? dynamic, which means it shakes things up from the norm. Markets will likely move in very sharp price increments, exhibiting strong rallies and powerful declines. With Jupiter square Saturn, greed (Jupiter) will run head long into fear (Saturn). Look for a top around these periods, followed by another disturbing decline right afterwards. I anticipate the amplitude of these swings will be very evident in the Silver too ? perhaps even more so than in stocks.

Long-Term Thoughts:

I am oftentimes asked how long and how high do I think Gold can soar (and fall)? First of all, consider that we are now in the downside of the Saturn-Pluto economic cycle (from opposition to conjunction). This 18-year phase lasts from 2001-2020. As stated many times before, this is the part of the economic cycle when federal deficits increase, interest rates rise, economies stagnate (for the most part), and there are more recessions that last longer and longer, while periods of prosperity get shorter and shorter. In this phase of the cycle, commodities tend to perform better than usual, and stocks and bonds perform worse than usual. So in answer to ?how long can Gold be bullish?? my response is ?Probably into the end of the next decade.? My guess is that Gold can top out within two years of the January 2020 conjunction of Saturn and Pluto. It last topped out in January 1980 with an all-time of $850.00/ounce, and that was within approximately two years before Saturn and Pluto formed their last conjunction.

From the conjunction of Saturn and Pluto to their opposition, federal deficits tend to be reduced, interest rates come down, and the economy, bonds, and stocks tend to perform very well. It is a time to be in the equity markets, investing your money into the economy. However, precious metals and commodities tend not to perform very well during this 18-year phase of the cycle. We saw that from 1982 through 2001. Stocks did very well, but Gold did very poorly. Now the cycle is reversed into 2020, +/- 2 years.

So how high can Gold go? $2000.00-4000.00 is not out of the question. And my colleague Manfred Zimmel of Austria presents an argument for $6000.00. And yes, there will be smaller secular bear markets in between now and 2020. I am referring here to a long-term trend, an 18-year trend. Within that there are smaller cycles that will have their downward trends. One may be in effect right now as we approach the Moon's North Node transit over the 0 Aries point around June 13-20. There are always cycles within cycles. And the trend is ultimately determined by the type of cycle you are looking at. In this section, I am referring to an 18-year cycle, a lunar Nodal cycle and half a Saturn-Pluto cycle. The 18-19 year cycle is the most documented economic cycle in the study of cycles.

Disclaimer and statement of purpose:
The purpose of this column is not to predict the future movement of various financial markets. However, that is the purpose of the MMA (Merriman Market Analyst) subscription services. This column is not a subscription service. It is a free service, except in those cases where a fee may be assessed to cover the cost of translating this column from English into a non-English language. This weekly report is written with the intent to educate the reader on the relationship between astrological factors and collective human activities as they are happening. In this regard, this report will oftentimes report what happened in various stock and financial markets throughout the world in the past week, and discuss that movement in light of the geocosmic signatures that were in effect. It will then identify the geocosmic factors that will be in effect in the next week, or even month, or even years, and the author?s understanding of how these signatures will likely affect human activity in the times to come. The author (Merriman) will do this from a perspective of a cycle?s analyst looking at the military, political, economic, and even financial markets of the world. It is possible that some forecasts will be made based on these factors. However, the primary goal is to both educate and alert the reader as to the psychological climate we are in, from an astrological perspective. The hope is that it will help the reader understand these psychological dynamics that underlie (or coincide with) the news events and hence financial markets of the day.

No guarantee as to the accuracy of this report is being made here. Any decisions in financial markets are solely the responsibility of the reader, and neither the author nor the publishers assume any responsibility at all for those individual decisions. Reader should understand that futures and options trading are considered high risk.

Market Terminology
How to use this information

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Raymond Merriman is a professional astrologer and President of The Merriman Market Analyst, Inc., an investment advisory firm specializing in market timing products and services. He is the editor of The MMA Cycles Report, an advisory newsletter used by banks, financial institutions, investors and traders. He is the author of numerous astrology books, and developed two financial astrological software systems: The FAR (Financial Astrological Research) program, and the SOS (Stock Optimizing Selector) Program, which enable traders to identify potential turning points in various stocks and/or financial futures markets. He can be reached by email, or visit his website. For more information about Raymond Merriman, click here.

Email this article to a friend.
Printer-friendly version
Submit your feedback on this article
View feedback on this article.