Re: [RT] Swimming Against the Tide

At 03:31 PM 5/21/2006 -0400, you wrote:

 Chesapeake Energy is a good example of this prinicple.  Despite all of the great fundamentals you cite,

CHK peaked when natural gas prices peaked circa Oct. 1, 2005.  So, why swim against the tide?

It is far easier to pick which way the race will be run than pick the winning horse.

Because it's an over-looked fact they sold their production for two years at twice the current price of gas and the tide has exposed a buying opportunity that didn't exist before this happened.  Earnings will bring this reality home and if in the mean time, it drops further, I will simply lower my basis by buying more at the lower price.

I'm not a fool though, I don't chase stocks down in most cases.  I don't try to catch falling knives as it were but I will take advantage of swings caused by sector movement or general market conditions in growing companies with low PE's, insider buying and other strong fundamentals.  The spike you refer to was caused by hurricanes and hurricane season begins next month.

Bob

Business finance uk Business finance course Business finance online course
Business finance class Small business finance Business finance schools

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS