RE: [RT] Fridays ES close

Thank you very much, Roger. Now of course the question remains as to which price to use for pivots...
-----Original Message-----
From: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Roger Shepherd
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 12:47 PM
To: ketayun
Subject: Re: [RT] Fridays ES close

Hello ketayun,

At  month  end  the  CME  does  what  I believe they call a fair value
closing  price.  What  they do is take the actual closing price of the
S&P  500 stocks at the 4pm Eastern close and that is the close for the
cash  index.  They  then ad the computed expected premium to determing
the  posted close. This has the primary result of ignoring the futures
trading from 4:00 to 4:15.

As  for  which  number to use, I can't help you there but keep in mind
they do this every month.