Re: [RT] mkt outlook

The ARMs will kill them.  The number of foreclosures is going up at a rapid pace.
----- Original Message -----
From: Don Ewers
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2006 5:58 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] mkt outlook

IRA,
Not CA talking MN here but:

A number of interesting articles in the "Homes Section" of local paper today
and yesterday in Minneapolis on housing.

1. First, did it make sense to buy a condo (incredible number of them have
been going up here for years).  My understanding that is the first real
estate sector to get hurt?

2. An article on how "contingent buy offers" are now being accepted, whereas
they would not even be considered before.

3.  Another article stating there are six homes going up for sale for every
one being sold.  This trend has been on the rise since around mid-2005.

My concern has been for some time and continues to be the number of people
who financed a purchase with 3, 4 or 5 year ARM's at the then "artificially
low rates", which are about to rise to a higher level as the period ends.
Don Ewers