From: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of EAdamy
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2005 11:03 AM
To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RT] Trade Management

Transports are just one of the indexes which has broken out although it certain indicates strength in shipping goods. An index which on which I put more weight is the XBD (Securities Broker-Dealer index). Historically, the XBD has often (but not always) given some timely advance warning of impending problems in the stock market.

That said, there is something else which I am seeing in some key indexes which is a strong move right through the 162% retracement of the prior decline. The XBD (monthly chart attached) is one index which has done this. While such a move gives the appearance of strength, it also sets off "blow-off" warning bells.

Earl