Re: [RT] Currency

Code2,

You asked (referring to LD certificates):  "So now the face value is backed
by half as much silver?"

Exactly.

You asked:  "Does that mean the $10 certificate is now backed by only $4 of
silver, rather than $8?"

No.  It means the $10 (10 Liberty Dollars) certificate is now backed by 1/2
oz silver rather than 1 oz.  Although the LD is "pegged" to the USD to
facilitate its usage, the LD's "value" isn't, and shouldn't be stated in
terms of Fed Notes.  Its stated in terms of silver.  After all,  the whole
purpose of the LD is to provide an ALTERNATIVE to depreciating Fed Notes.
Along with healthcare, housing, and energy costs etc., the silver backing
for LD certificates has doubled (in terms of Fed Notes) in recent years.
Because the LD is purposely "pegged" to Fed Notes, it only makes sense that
the face value of the certificates should double to reflect the (Fed Note)
doubling of its silver base.

Bottom line, holders of LD's the day before Thanksgiving saw them double the
day after,  thereby MAINTAINING  the same purchasing power they had several
years back.  If you weren't holding LD's before Thanksgiving Day, your Fed
Note purchasing power is half what it was just several years ago.  Simply
put, the LD's $10 silver base was changed to a $20 silver base.

As I said before, if you want to INVEST  in silver, buy silver bullion.  If
you want a currency with intrinsic value and that maintains its purchasing
power, exchange some Fed Notes for LD's.  The LD's next move up will be from
a $20 base to a $50 base.  It's only a question of time.  I'm guessing
sooner, rather than later.

Regards,

Pete Hallock