[RT] nyse index

Wednesday, November 9th. - Charts, and Commentary

Today, I want to show you a helpful index for you to watch, especially if you are a short term
trader or investor.

Below is the NYA (New York Stock Exchange Index) of Advancing Volume minus its Declining
Volume.  The result is the "net" positive or negative movement.  The market's short term ups
and downs are effected by this action, because this index reflects a lot of Institutional investing.

On the chart below, note how the Net NYA Volume continued to make higher end-of-day highs.
I drew lines from top to top, so you can see that it rounded off, declined, and then dropped.
Its drop reflected in what happened in the market yesterday and that was your tip off.
Movements where the tops are declining and the bottoms are rising often means that you
will be exposed to a whipsawing condition over the short term.

Also note that I drew red lines off the bottoms it has made.  Note that the bottoms
are rising bottoms.  So, as we are dropping in Net Volume to a negative short term level,
each bottom is less damaging than the previous.

This is saying that strength is actually improving over the short term, as each down move
is occurring with lessening distribution.  This is only a short term analysis and cannot  be use for position trades