From: Ben
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:14 PM
Subject: [RT] Re: [e-mini_traders_anon] Re: Taking Profit Questions

Taking profit is a matter of money mgt, discipline,  overcoming greed,
and   following your written plan,
lets take tomorrow for example,
today I shorted 4  big contracts at 1207
and bought at close 4 dec  1210  calls
if we close  -10 tomorrow, will close only 1 short, and sell at loss my calls
if we continue lower, will move stop loss at 7 points  above lowest low,
when we are down -15
will close 2 more  shorts
the rest will most likely get stopped out,
if
I am wrong and mkt goes up,
when it closes +10 will close all shorts, and sell at profit 1  call
when +15 will sell 2 more calls
and +20 sell rest of calls
you must face reality
trading is a business, you must plan all your moves ahead of the  order placing
and
it better be  covering all bases, what if up what if down
if you don't do it, you are fooling no one but yourself
and DO not blame anyone for failing, it is YOU who is responsible for ALL  of the outcome(good or bad)
best regards
Ben