Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] My impresson is that many had a bad day

As they say: use whatever works for you, however, the recent mkt forecasts which included some great an some not so great calls and the discussion which followed yesterday's mkt gave me something to think about.

Having watched Median Line's pitchforks which often work, but often don't, especially if you draw without hindsight advantage, or Elliott or Hurst or Wolfe, all of them trying to forecast what the mkt will do, but require that you make the right assumptions or inputs or you start drawing from the right point, etc. - i saw a great advantage of having a good, proven system which you follow without trying to forecast. And that despite some past postings here which gave system trading bad rap.

I normally trade EC, but yesterday being in Barcelona and having come home to late for it, I traded ES. The attached chart shows all system trades - I have additional rules which would eliminate the trade 11:47 -12:17. White arrows are exit signals, but I also exit on double tops/bottoms combined with yellow bars, yellow band is 60 period MovAvg band and green lines are Donchian Chnl lines. Other lines are also Donch Chnnl lines with higher inputs - 20, 40, 60. The system is based on mkt bouncing from chnnl lines or, countertrend, on double divergencies
combined with very overbought/oversold condition.

System Trades:
8:40-8:43 -125pts, 8:55-9:12 +200, 9:14-9:31 -100, 9:31-9:45 +375, 10:02-10:30 +275, 10:31-10:45 -150, 11:01-11:43 +325, 11:47-12:17 -300 (not taken), 12:17-12:27 -125, 12:32-13:02 +175, 13:01 - not taken, very strong mkt, 13:29-15:14 +1225 ( stayed in trade with lower Donchian Chnnl green line confining the mkt).

This is not to bragg, but in defense of system trading.

My webmail doesn't accept more than 1 attachment, so I'm sending the 2nd chart by separate mail.

Jan Philipp