Re: [RT] Advertising ... proposal

Have a look at Trade Navigator. Language almost the same. Easy to use. No
bugs I have found in a year yet. From Genesis www.genesisft.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terry B. Rhodes" <trhodes3@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 4:17 AM
Subject: Re: [RT] Advertising ... proposal

> [...]
> > list to advertise what they sell on each Saturday.  The topic for all
> > such mails will read "solicitation".  I read every mail to this list so
> > we don't need a certain number of posts to qualify as being active.  You
> > know and I know if you're active so that isn't going to be a problem and
> > it isn't going to require record keeping to enforce the policy.  If you
> > don't want to see any ads on the list, just know that all ads will be
> > marked as solicitations in the topic and they will only be present on
> > Saturdays after this coming week.  Spammers of any type will be removed
> > without warning as will pumpers or anyone running ads but offering
> > little to nothing else.
> >
> > I hope all will agree that these solutions are fair to everyone.
> >
> > All best,
> >
> > Bob
> >
> > At 07:49 PM 9/28/2005 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> >>     Ok, since I started the interogatory, let me make a simple
> >> proposal that won't please everyone all of the time but hopefully will
> >> be a compromise that everyone can live with most of the time. I used
> >> to contribute moderately to RT but unfortunately since I'm back in
> >> practice I just don't follow the markets as closely anymore to make
> >> intelligent comments.  Hopefully, that may change again in the near
> >> future.
> >>
> >>     I do like the idea of having those with something to 'offer' being
> >> given the chance though on an infrequent basis. Those that don't like
> >> the idea of 'advertising' in any area of life that comes on the
> >> internet as with any of us in any other situation, have learned to hit
> >> that delete button mighty quickly.  Most traders who post on RT, don't
> >> do so on the weekends and especially on Saturdays, when RT is pretty
> >> darn dead. There are preparations going on Sunday night for traders in
> >> anticipation of the next trading day so Sunday would not be a good
> >> day, nor would any day during the week when RT volume picks up and the
> >> focus should be on the markets and not elsewhere.
> >>
> >>   So my proposal is this..... ''''' 'Advertising' will be allowed on
> >> RT on the first Saturday following the end of each month from 12:01am
> >> to 11:59pm.'''' No exceptions. Those breaking the rules will be
> >> warned,'banished', hung at the stake etc.  ie Following that plan,
> >> advertising would be allowed Oct 1, Nov 5, Dec 3 etc. or basically
> >> just once a month for one day, only 12 days a year....which are
> >> usually inactive RT days anyway.  Those who aren't interested in such
> >> will realize in advance that on that particular Saturday there may be
> >> a bunch of 'deletes' needed when they return to their screens Sunday
> >> evening. Knowing this in advance can forewarn anyone that that's what
> >> will likely be from RT on that day, perhaps among a few other
> >> non-advertising posts.  Those who are interested in procurring
> >> advertising/education will also realize that what they are looking
> >> for, may in fact be advertised on that particular day.

+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course&w4=Business
+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+small+software&
c=6&s=183&.sig=IXCV0duFZdn7AG8d4Mvieg>
> >> Business finance course

ance+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course&w4=Busi
ness+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+small+softw
are&c=6&s=183&.sig=WtXg5e4NcHLZfP0dRLF4tg>
> >> Business finance online course

ess+finance+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course&
w4=Business+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+smal
l+software&c=6&s=183&.sig=v2ke1c3Y7dHiOOfpebNlFA>

> >> Business finance class

nce+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course&w4=Busin
ess+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+small+softwa
re&c=6&s=183&.sig=5LXwQ3-ZltdXnN11licsHw>
> >> Small business finance

nce+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course&w4=Busin
ess+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+small+softwa
re&c=6&s=183&.sig=A3vMM3WY2KSSj9DKGiER5Q>
> >> Business finance small software

ness+finance+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course
&w4=Business+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+sma
ll+software&c=6&s=183&.sig=w1AtaY37dCLCqSCRNy6msQ>

> >>     *
> >>     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> >>       Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course&w4=Business
+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+small+software&
c=6&s=183&.sig=IXCV0duFZdn7AG8d4Mvieg>
> > Business finance course

ance+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course&w4=Busi
ness+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+small+softw
are&c=6&s=183&.sig=WtXg5e4NcHLZfP0dRLF4tg>
> > Business finance online course

ess+finance+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course&
w4=Business+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+smal
l+software&c=6&s=183&.sig=v2ke1c3Y7dHiOOfpebNlFA>

> > Business finance class

nce+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course&w4=Busin
ess+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+small+softwa
re&c=6&s=183&.sig=5LXwQ3-ZltdXnN11licsHw>
> > Small business finance

nce+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course&w4=Busin
ess+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+small+softwa
re&c=6&s=183&.sig=A3vMM3WY2KSSj9DKGiER5Q>
> > Business finance small software

ness+finance+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course
&w4=Business+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+sma
ll+software&c=6&s=183&.sig=w1AtaY37dCLCqSCRNy6msQ>

> >     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> >       Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/zMEolB/TM