From: JHP
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:04 AM
Subject: [RT] Advertising

I'm happy to see Bob's rules more or less maintaining the status quo.
I see those who are for allowing advertising divided into 2 groups.
Product sellers - the purpose of this list is to provide help to traders,
not to sellers.
The other group wants to see products advertised in the hope to make
profit with them. Banning commercials will protect them from spending
money on unproved products and from losses in using them in trading.

As for myself, during my 19 years in trading futures, I've used and kept
using a very limited number of tools obtained from outside sources.
Books: John Murphy's Technical Analysis of the Futures Markets,
Kaufman's Trading Systems and Methods and Raff's Trading the Regression
Channel.
Indicators: LT indicator (attached) posted years ago by someone on this list
with a different name which is a modified stochastic, not normalized,
plotting
red when overbought/oversold. BTW, it matches almost exactly PME
proprietary indicator used in Decision Point charts which provide lots of
useful information about the markets (http://www.decisionpoint.com).
SRSI indicator (attached) which is a stochastic of RSI smoothed with T3
Average.

Jan Philipp

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS