[RT] advertising

Well, we seem to have found something to indeed invigorate the mail list.  :)

Many.. no most, have made common sense statements on this topic and both sides of the issue have been argued professionally.  No decision made now has to be written in stone and can be reviewed as required, desired.

1.  As to the discussion of allowing Clyde type sig files without any banner or graphics, we will permit that.

2.  With regard to showing sources for charts or programs and principals but without any access information or recommendation, we will allow that.

3.  As to allowing our members to state what they offer and any other information they wish to share with the list with higher frequency than one week per year or another week when so many aren't busy with the holidays, we will set aside the first week of October for that purpose rather than the week between Christmas and New Years but we will not increase the frequency of this.

4.  Specifically in regard to Tim's situation and posts:  It was never intended nor did I in any way state that he was a common spammer or was trolling for customers.  What I did tell him is that his post was out of line unless all his services and those of Spike were free.  His contributions to this list in the past are remembered and well considered and I hope that he will renew his efforts to contribute to our forum with greater frequency.  I especially hope he will be more active in light of the above loosening of the reins.

5.  As to Ben's suggestion:
first  show with  gif  his  examples of how his system indicator, course worked,
( I doubt many will divulge much in the way of these things without being compensated).

b   give a big discount to the group
(I don't think that's required but would be a good selling tool for the provider)

c    allow a 30 day free trial
(That is good business sense and I would recommend such a guarantee for all customers)

d    give money back   if not satisfied   with claims presented
(Same as C)

e   must contribute and post at least   10 times per quarter  with examples
(Sans any concrete tracking system, this good idea would become a nightmare to enforce)

In summary, we will continue to ban spam from our list.  We will not allow any trolling for customers on our list.  We will simply allow a signature file with company name, etc.)  We will also allow source information to be posted with trading suggestions or market movement prognostications.

I believe that it is my duty to run this list in the manner the majority want it run and to find middle ground in polarized situations.  I am trying to do that here and if this new program fails us, we will modify it as required.  If Tim feels I insulted him, I apologize as that was not my intent.  If any of you feel I am being or have been, arbitrary, I hope you will see that I am trying to manage the list in the manner the most wish it to be managed.

Let's keep the energy going on the list and above all, let's make some money!

All best,

Bob

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS