Re: [RT] Re: Advertising

I agree 100% with Earl's view. Let's not allow advertising to get out of the bottle.
Jan Philipp
----- Original Message -----
From: EAdamy
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] Re: Advertising

This discussion appears to have been brought about by a post from Tim Morge for whom I have great respect. Tim contributes a great deal to his own Median Line forum, however Tim does not post to this newgroup. I thought that the "Open Letter to MedianLine Readers" belonged on the MedianLine newsgroup.

I suggest that spammers continue to be shot on sight and that a tight reign be maintained on advertising and self promotion ... the last deluge of self promotion from Ron Janesch is a good example of what is properly banned from this newsgroup.

I think that newsgroup members should be permitted to discuss products and/or services in the context of trading discussions. A "setup" for such discussions should result in bannishment.

I would continue to permit the kind of text signature used by Clyde Lee but nothing more obvious or detailed ... banner ads should not be tolerated.

Earl

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS