RE: [RT] Advertising

I agree with Joe -

>Does it not make sense that if a person is posting analysis with explanatory
text he/she should  be allowed to give people a source for the info? You
want free info, then put up with a "for more info on xyz contact...."<

I, as I am sure the rest of you are as well, am very busy.

I really don't have the time to sort through all of this stuff and keep track of performance.  In addition, I don't really have any real trading use (I am 100% mechanical and my trading system is followed religiously by staff)for all of these forecasts - as commendable as some seem to be.

However, I am always interested in digging deeper into some technique which shows merit or fills in something that I currently don't have.

Once I have some reason to believe the technology has some merit, at that point I am more interested in the technology than the results in order to see if I can adapt it for my own trading systems.  Hence, I would welcome more information of that sort or direction as to how to obtain it.

As a former vendor of trading software -- and a person and company that spent a lot of time and money bending over backwards for our clients and as well as providing products that were very far ahead of the curve and hence often underappreciated -- I personally have no problem with respectful, courteous, informative ads that lead to further information if one is interested.

The spammers clearly sort themselves out from the serious vendors and I think it is a mistake to lump those who offer value with those who do not.

I have seen comments from other members which suggest that many are looking for a free ride . . .

As a long time participant in this industry, I can attest to the fact that there are a lot of folks out there looking for the freebee and unwilling to pay for quality product.

There are no free lunches . . .

And when it comes to trading advice, services, tools, etc., I would advise those looking for the freebee that you do get what you pay for . . .

Regards,

Bob