From: mr.ira
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] option spread

If you can get those prices I don't see anything wrong with that spread.  A simple outside combination with 1 point of risk for 1.5 in reward.  You have a basic gamma neutral spread.

Now comes the question.  Do you trade it or hold it?  I assume that the targets for movement of the underlying, up and down, fall within your profit parameters if it is a hold situation.

Will the volatility of the underlying allow it to stay within that 1.5 point range on either side of the current price or will adjustments be necessary.  I know you have a plan, but those that are looking at this and saying, easy money, won't understand how to adjust the spread if price starts to move in either direction.    There are dozens of solutions to this problem.  How would you handle that?

Ira.