[RT] Re: Mental Focus and Trader Development

this is very true
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 12:31 AM
Subject: [e-mini_traders_anon] Re: Mental Focus and Trader Development

As a trader who once was in search of the Holy Grail, I have discovered the answer lies somewhere between my ears, and so, here are some small kernels of experience I can share with you on the never ending road to find the perfect trade:

1.  There is no Holy Grail
2.  There is no perfect trade
3.  Find a system that you like and stick with it, no matter what, and keep your opinion to yourself....the market does not care!!
4.  Read Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas...it is all about you, and discovering the answer is within you.
5.  Read How to Profit in Commodities by W. D Gann, and learn his most simple techniques to be sure you are on the right of a trade
6.  Read The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle and discover all that matters as a trader is what is happening now, not in the next minute, 5 minutes, 15, 30, or 60 minutes

I didn't believe any of this either, except that it works.  Now, I have little to no emotion in the market.  I have a belief system based upon patterns, gann, fibonacci numbers and other historical data that serves me well in any time frame.

I don't look at the tape anymore, and just watch levels, price and pattern action.  I know what to do when a trade goes against me, and I am okay with taking losses.  It has nothing to do with me, but with the market.  I now understand and accept that I have no control over these things and my job is to trade based upon the data that I am provided with at the current moment.  Good trading!!

Forexguy223

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.