[RT] Bid/Ask sizes

Maybe some of you pro's out there could help me with this.

I'm watching the tape,(IB's booktrader)of the ES mini.  I notice how
common it is for the bid size to be 5x or more than the ask size.  I'm
able to see 5 or more levels up and down from the present price.

My thought is who ever is entering bid sizes surely can't be thinking
of making only 1 tick.  The risk/reward ratio would be terrible.
They must be thinking in points.  If they believed the ES would move
up enough for a decent profit and put their money on the line, why
wouldn't they pay one tick more and be on board?

TIA,

dom