Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] CUMULATIVE VOLUME INDICATOR

Thank you Ben.  I've spent MANY hours working with the formula that you've posted on this site in the past but
it appears you are obviously using a different formula.  Since I spent so much time on this project; I was just curious how the CV indicator looks currently.  Your formula certainly doesn't translate into the following:

 CUM(advancing volume/advances - declining volume/declines)

or in Trade Station language:

CUM(c of data2/c of data3 - c of data4/c of data5)

So; it appears to me that the volume data must be in error.  Alternatively; I don't understand what you
are attempting to communicate.  I am posting a separate chart to the list; underneath which you will see a yellow line titled 'bagholder'.  I think it speaks for itself.

My FINAL conclusion with all this is that it seems one would need to attend one of your seminars to get
the ACCURATE TS code or Excel spreadsheet information; correct?   That's OK too; I just wish I hadn't
spent so much time trying to work with incomplete and or inaccurate information.

Best wishes,
Chas