Re: [RT] Trader Status - IRS

About 9 years ago I filed trader status and was audited...defended myself using Tesser's book and survived.  I knew a lot more about it than the agent on my case, I overwhelmed them with paperwork proving all my trades, and we weren't talking a lot of money.  On the other hand, I had a full time job (not trading) and may have been lucky.  It also took a lot of time and work preparing.  My circumstances changed a little in the years following and I've never filed trader status again.  (So maybe they won, after all...)   Good luck.

Larry