From:<font size=2
face=Tahoma> Trey Johnson
[mailto:dickjohnson3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004
8:53 AM
To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RT] Trend Reflection

I'm not completely sure, but I would hope they were exposed for being<font
size=2 face="Courier New">
the fraud they were and shut down. I bought the
Trend Momentum program,
which bombed. They re-optimized it after it's
implosion as they did with
their first program. Once I figured out the
system, I realized that it
was optimized to each individual market despite
their claims. I reported
them to CFTC, but the person I dealt with was
clueless when it came to
trading systems. He did say that Greg Gramalegui,
who has a history with
the CFTC, had hired an attorney that was maybe
part owner or something.
Anyway, the attorney basically scared this guy at
the CFTC away. Not too
long after this, I believe Greg sold the company
to someone else. I
think I remember reading this in one of the
futures magazines. The Trend
Momentum was nothing more than the difference
between two exponential
moving averages, which if I remember correctly the
function was
XAverage2. I think this function was written by
Clyde Lee. (Could you
verify this, Clyde?
If it is your function, I'd be interested to know if
they received your permission to use this
function.) When the Trend
Momentum was positive, long orders based upon a
breakout were entered
and vice versa for the sell orders. It was the one
and only vendor
system I bought and it was a rather expensive
lesson. If they are still
around, I'd stay the hell away. Out of curiosity,
why do you ask?
Hope this helps,
Trey