Re: [RT] Fwd: Bond and S&P Update

That makes entirely too much sense
Clyde....:)

I looked a little deeper into this CBO report and
as expected we only received a couple of snippets that support a peculiar point
of view.  Besides the numerous assumptions the data is based on we also had
some other glaring, um, irregularities.  Here are a few
highlights:

 - all taxes were included, not just
federal
 - the AMT was not considered
 - the fact that 14M people were taken off
the tax rolls was also not considered
<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>
The fact remains that everyone's taxes were
lowered and the 80/20 rule is still very much in effect.  In fact it
actually got worse for the 20% who pay 80% of the taxes - prior to the tax cuts
they paid 78.4% of the burden and now they are responsible for 82% of the
burden.

Interesting world we live in.  First we're
told that rolling back a tax cut is not a tax increase, then we're told that
after reducing someone's taxes we have somehow increased their tax burden.
But when you think about, this is entirely consistent with positions taken
on other issues.
<BLOCKQUOTE