  >From:
  Ben

  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2004 8:13 PM
  Subject: Re: [RT]-Homes
  In Southampton New York they charge to build 200-250 per sq
  feet(plus cost of land)Ben----- Original Message ----- From:
  <jvc689@xxxxxxx>To: <<A
  href="">realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent:
  Sunday, July 25, 2004 12:07 PMSubject: [RT]-Homes> Just so
  it is clear.Where are these houses located? How many square feet> of
  living space doe one get for $900,000 and what is the lot
  size?>> I doubt that there is any place that a quality house can
  not be built for> $100 per square foot plus lot.>> Many
  people just buy large vanity houses for two people and no children.> So
  ego plays into financial home choices also.>> I ran into the
  same experience looking in Cape Corral, FL. Houses were> mostly cinder
  block, stucco and buyers in a lot of cases had to pay the> water and
  sewer assessment. People were buying houses and putting them up> for
  sale in a year. It seemed like the greater fool theory to me. Prices>
  come down when mortgage rates go up since affordability on "buying
  house> on minimum margin" make payments
  higher...obviously.>> You can still buy magnificent Beach front
  homes in Myrtle Beach for around> $1,000,000 , 3 BR 2 bath Ocean front
  condos for $330,000 and lake> side/back/front homes just a few miles
  from the beach for less than that.>> Likewise the houses here go
  up with each new development extension because> the lot costs go up. I
  know of people who bought multi houses, rent them> and plan to sell
  about five years later for handsome profits.>> Just my take. It
  is not always as clear cut as it seems.>>
  Sincerely,>> John>> > Another interesting
  lookback into history is the 1930's.  Compare the> policies Hoover
  implemented after the roaring 20's to what's going to be> 'proposed'
  this week in MA.....> >   ----- Original Message
  -----> >   From: Pete Hallock> >   To:
  realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >   Cc:
  NQoos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >   Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2004
  7:36 PM> >   Subject: Re: [RT]> >>
  >> >   Ira,> >> >
  Prices going up?  I like to think of it as our currency continuing
  to> > lose value.  Legal tender laws are the only thing saving
  it.> >> >   It's only been a little over thiry
  years since Nixon cut the dollar> > loose to float.  Perhaps
  the grand experiment with our fiat currency is> nearing its end.
  After all, when one looks back in history, none have> ever
  endured.  Have a great weekend.> >> >
  Pete Hallock> >> >
  www.xlibris.com/duped.html> >     ----- Original
  Message -----> >     From: mr.ira>
  was an article in> > today's paper about people lined up 2 days in
  advance, living in their> cars, in order to buy homes that start at
  $900,000.  The> > average price of homes here is going up about
  $3000 per week.  Last week> the average price was $500,000, today
  it is $503,000.> >> >     The housing
  market here is like the stock market in 1999 and 2000.> > I don't
  think the housing market will fall to the same degree as the> stock
  market did, but a 20% drop will hurt a lot of people.  It will>
  also reflect upon some commodities, housing stocks and housing> >
  related stocks.> >> >     Of course
  there is no inflation.  Just ask the government.> >>
  >     Have a good week end.  Ira.>
  >> >>
  >           Yahoo! Groups

  ADVERTISEMENT> >> >> >> >>

  subject to the Yahoo! Terms of> >
  Service.>>>>>>>>
  Yahoo! Groups
  Links>>>>>---Outgoing mail
  is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version:
  6.0.726 / Virus Database: 481 - Release Date: 7/22/2004

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

To visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/realtraders/