[RT] Globex futures and IB: auto-trailing stops and bad fill

Have some of you any experience of attaching a trailing stop to a
entry order?
I am trading with Interactive Brokers and am really happy with the
quality of their platform and the fills I got until now.
With an exception though: when I attach an autotrailing stop to an
entry order, the autotrail tends to generate a bad fill, which could
make me suspicious if I was paranoid...
I explain: the autotrailing stop is supposed to generate a market
order once a certain price has been touched. This is not dangerous
if you are trading liquid markets like E-mini SP or currencies
futures, which I do.
But on my last trade (on GBP future mature June contract), I was
surpised: I had an autotrailing that should have been triggered at a
certain price, launching then a market order. But the market order
only came several seconds later (an eternity..!), provoking my
trailing stop-loss to worsen an additional 0.0004 pt, curiously at
the exact top of the current intraday move (it was a buy trailing
stoploss for a short entry).

Have any of you advice or comment to give ? An alternative to auto-
trailing stops ? Which by the way are not advised by IB, this is
clearly mentioned in their guidelines.

Thank you for reading my post
Carl

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/zMEolB/TM