Re: [RT] Single Stock Futures vs Stock Trading: not interesting ?

Carl:

I would agree with you about you trading style.  Using the cash stocks is probably the best way to go, unless you had a bearish bias.  Then the lack of an uptick rule might be useful.

I must confess that I have a problem with the SSFs being so small and with the commission pricing structural differences between SSFs and cash stocks.  In fact, I have asked one of the exchanges to consider going to a round lot of 10 contracts.  What this means is that if you trade 1 contract or 10, you are charged as one transaction, similar to the cash equities.  I think this would increase the desirability of SSFs for traders like yourselves, as the economics would be greater for both you and your broker.