From: "tradewynne" <<A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>tradewynne@xxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>>
To: <<A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>>
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 5:34
PM
Subject: Re: [RT] The Market
environment
<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>> --- In <FONT
face=Verdana size=2>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>, "Bobh" <<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>BHEISLER@x...> wrote:>
> I agree with you on the 70's style whatever-it-was market for which
> I use the term transitional....neither bull nor bear.  With the
> exception of brief periods of volatility I expect more of what we've
> seen the past 6 months - but it will slowly/steadily get worse and
> compress even further.> > > > Yes, I was referring
to environmental tools such as breadth, vix > etc.  >
> breadth still works....even some pre year 2K mechanical A-D
systems> work...untouched, untuned. granted you can't get blood out of a
rock:> smaller moves mean smaller net per trade.> >
>Price patterns and trendlines/horizontal lines still work just fine.>
> > > I hope you're right on a return to volatility.  But
until then I'll > continue to avoid the indexes.> > I
suspect volatility will come and go like it always has. Indeed, I >
suspect we agree: the current contraction is a reaction to the very >
strong trends that followed 1970's contraction (and vice versa).> Periods
of "rest" (contraction) are followed by periods of activity >
(volatility, impulsiveness, trendiness).  Breaking the current wedge
> (contraction) is the first order of business before anything >
dramatic, even short term, happens....that was my original point. >
Indeed, lulling folks to sleep or getting them "to avoid the indexes" >
is part of the process.> > > > > ----- Original
Message ----- > > From: "tradewynne" <<A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>tradewynne@x...>> > To:
<<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>>> > Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 2:35 PM> >
Subject: Re: [RT] The Market environment> > > > >
size=2>BHEISLER@x...> wrote:>
> > > Well, my next preference would be both but not very far in
> either > > > direction.> > > > >
> > > Normally after boom/bust periods, like we're in now, a market
> tends > > > to do a lot of nothing for a very long time.
nothing like we just had > > > could mean a trip back to < 800?
Or up another 300 SPX points? > Right?> > > I'm on record,
and I took a lot of flack for it here,> > > saying we could see a
sort of 70's style bear. That market "did> > > nothing" for a very
long time, but in the context of a 50% range > (Dow > > >
500-1000). Iraq ain't as bad as 'Nam yet (50K body bags back then > >
> kids), but it smells a bit like those bad old days. It's not >
George > > > Sr.'s wam-bam-thank-you-mam clean made for TV kinda
war, that's > for > > > sure.> > > >
> > > Plus favorite tools (outside of Price) that may have worked
> well in > > > a bull or bear market are not likely to work
as well, if at all, > in a > > > transitional
market.> > > > > > Are you saying stuff like breadth
or trendlines or price patterns > are > > > no longer
working? I agree the market is less trendy, but even > within >
> > that context markets tend to cycle from choppy to more volatile
> and> > > back again. FWIW, multiple weekly ADX's (just a
way to > > > quantify "price" movement, or lack thereof) are at
their lowest > > > levels in three years....sooner or later they
will begin to rise > > > again when price becomes more
impulsive.> > > > > > > > > > >
Just my 2 cents.> > > > > > > > > >
> > ----- Original Message ----- > > > > From:
"tradewynne" <<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>tradewynne@x...>> >
> > To: <<FONT
face=Verdana size=2>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>>> > > > Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 10:31
to bet $1 on where we go from here - a melt-> up, a > > >
melt-> > > > > down or neither, I'd put in on
'neither'.> > > > > > > > > > How about
'either'? There's a pretty tight wedge that's > formed > > >
dating> > > > > back to July. The rising upper trend line is
near 1075, and > the > > > lower > > > >
> is above 1040. As long as it stays inside the lines, it stays > >
> inside> > > > > the lines <g>. As big wave surfers
say, "everything is OK > until> > > > > something goes
wrong." IOW, no worries until someone gets > killed.> > >
> > Anyway, it makes sense to me to watch how the market acts >
around> > > > > those TL's. Wedges often can lead into
*either* accelerations > or > > > > > sharp breaks or
they persist a while longer....but sooner or > later> > >
> > someone gets killed by a surprise wave.> > > > >
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bobh"
<<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>BHEISLER@x...> >
wrote:> > > > > > Since we are in a post-bubble,
transitional market I'm > > > wondering if > > > >
> this comparison is applicable now.  It reached single digits >
back > > > in > > > > > the early 1990's and I
wouldn't be a bit surprised if we saw > > > those > >
> > > levels again.  > > > > > > >
accident > > > waiting to > > > > > happen, but
it's looked this way since June.  And if I had to > bet >
> > $1 > > > > > on where we go from here - a melt-up,
a melt-down or neither, > I'd > > > put > > >
> > in on 'neither'.> > > > > > > > >
environment> > > > > > > > > > > >
of SPX vs VXO (old VIX). > > > Note > > > > >
the 3 heavy red arrows marking extreme low readings w/o > 7/24/98,
href="">SLAWEKP@x<FONT
face=Verdana size=2>... > > > > >
2003 11:48 PM> > > > > >     Subject:
Re: [RT] The Market environment> > > > > > > >

VIX is in rare  Fibo window cycle for low between now & > >
> Monday > > > > > Dec 8th.> > > > >
high for SPX> > > > > > > > > > >
>     Weekly Broker index is topping......this is also
> leading > > > > > indicator> > > >
> > > > > > >
>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT> > > > >

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:> > > > >
>   <A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>> > > > > > > > > > > > >
of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms > of > > >
> > Service.> > > > > > > > > >
this group, send an email to:> > > > > <A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>> > > > > > > > > >  > >
to > > > <FONT
face=Verdana size=2>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<FONT
face=Verdana size=2> > > > > > > > > > >

to:> > > <A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>> > > > > >  > > > > >
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > <A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---------------------~-->> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your
HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark> Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders
$50 or more to the US & Canada.> <A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>> <A