[RT] Eurex US Question

Dear RTers.

As you may know, Eurex is opening a US based exchange and is hoping to start trading Feb. 1, pending regulatory approval.  Yesterday, Eurex signed a deal with Trading Technologies to give TT X_Trader users free API access to the Eurex US markets for 24 months and 3 months free of the X_Trader Pro technology.  They are initally planning on trading US fixed income products, ie the bonds, ten years, five year and two year notes.

What I want to know is what you know about Eurex's plans, if you think you will be trading on Eurex US and what the factors would be for making that decision.

Eurex US is proposing a low single exchange fee price for all traders and will not have expensive memberships for traders to buy.  The plain vanilla futures trading will be through existing connectivity your brokerage firms have to the a/c/e platform currently offered by the CBOT and hosted by Eurex.

If you care to share your answers privately, that is OK.  Or share them with the whole group.  I am just trying to get a fix on where Eurex US is in getting their message out ot the trading community, as represented by our group.  It is my belief that they need to attract all size and types of traders to be successful, not just the big banks and some of the locals.  This was part of the downfall of Brokertec, which recently closed its doors.  Big fish don't eat other big fish, you need to have all size and type of fish for a market ecosystem to work, IMHO.

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!  John J. Lothian is the President of the Electronic Trading Division of The Price Futures Group, Inc., an Introducing Broker, and Editor of the John  Lothian Newsletter.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor