RE: [RT] Re: Fed supporting market

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Wrong...an extremely superficial statement full or more holes than you
can imagine.
Saying
intervention is the problem is like saying guns are bad.....and we all know
how<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2> silly that is.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Adrian
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Code 2
  [mailto:Code2@xxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, 20 November 2003 3:50
  AMTo: Realtraders ListSubject: Re: [RT] Re: Fed
  supporting marketThe Austrian school economists would
  respond thatproviding liquidity *is* intervention, and that
  anyintervention in the markets contributes to boom and
  bustcycles.  Intervention is the problem, not the solution
  ;)----- Original Message ----- From: "Terry B. Rhodes"
  <trhodes3@xxxxxxxxx>To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent:
  Tuesday, November 18, 2003 6:16 PMSubject: [RT] Re: Fed supporting
  marketAs others have pointed out, providing liquidity is not
  thesame as intervening directly to support the market. I haveconfirmed
  as fact that the FED is legally capable ofintervening directly, but know
  of no confirmed incidentwhere this has happened. This is the question i am
  askingProviding liquidity is the standard FED response to
  anyfinancial crisis, real or imagined. 1987, Y2K and 9/11 area few
  examples of this.regards,tbr> The fact is it
  did happen in 1987.  The fed told the banks to> give unlimited
  credit.To
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor