[RT] This economy...can someone help me here ...

let's see... Gold just went
bonkers, 10 year high or something like that (no question, some short
covering);

Bonds go up along with the
equity markets.....despite the falling US Dollar.

Futures Magazine article
indicates "no end in sight" for lower crude oil prices or that of related end
products....

My buddy at a poker game last
Friday indicates he just spend $60k on 2 college
educations....
neither sibling can get a job.
One grad is working as a waitress.

Futures Mag article indicates
lowest feeder cattle population or something like that since
1951.....
beef prices to remain
firm...maybe for years. (1951 ?, wasn't our population about HALF of what it is
today ?!!)

I go to the post office and
there are protestors there with a table and signs protesting the high COST OF
STEEL ?

Microsoft has been sitting on
$80 billion in cash for several years with no acquisitions of promising
technology companies...and their stock has been going nowhere...yet the
government says tech jobs should continue strong for the next decade
?

What's going on here ? Weak
economy, but high prices ? How can this be ?

This free market economy
appears to be "broken", no ?
<FONT
size=2>