  >From:
  jvc689@xxxxxxx
  To: <A title=Realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Cc: <A title=MedianLine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">MedianLine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 6:04
  PM
  Subject: [RT] Neutral Position
  Spreads
  I am throwing myself into this to see if there is a
  mechanical way to dodetermine the best strike prices to use to sell a Put
  and sell a Callagainst a current price.From statistical
  definitions, it can be stated that:1. If option prices [selling a put
  and a call] are one standard deviationfrom the current price, then there
  is a 32% chance the strike price willbe hit.2. If option prices
  are two standard deviations from the current price,then there is only a 5%
  to 10% chance the strike price will be hit.3. If option prices are
  three standard deviations from the current price,then there is only a 0.3%
  chance the strike price will be hit.I am rusty on my statistics...so
  any help in doing the calculations wouldbe appreciated. Hopefully, one
  based on an example...let's say the closingprice of ECZ03 or
  1.1482.Sincerely,JohnDear
  Dale,I know how you feel...but we are at an awkward spot. I will send
  you achart. Today was a 0.5 or 50% retracement of the slide and we hit
  thewarning line today. I printed the chart and we need a 0.618 or 61.8
  %retracement past the warning line to hit 1.1521
  approximately.Let's talk and make the decision in the AM.Greed
  is good but also can turn a breakeven into a
  loser.Sincerely,John> john>> i am
  feeling a little bit of greed coming on and i think we should> cancel
  the 109 option buy back and go fo a win ? the market has> dropped
  400pts since ive been in and im down a couple hundred bucks i> think
  for what we have been through a small move up here turns a>
  profit>>>> daleTo
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor