Re: [RT] Oil and Gas Trusts (renamed)

In a message dated 10/7/2003 4:20:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, earl.a@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Now it
looks like I may need to evaluate a move from ERF to PWI

Was not able to see any data on PWI from oilpatchupdates.  I see that the trust is trading less than a year; the yield is impressive, however, although I would prefer monthly distributions instead of quarterly.  Jury is out on this one for me.

One other good investment in the energy area are publically traded natural gas limited partnerships. These are not the LP's which were the poor, illiquid investments pushed by brokerage firms back in the 1980's.  They have a good dividend (6.5-7%), low price volatility and their stock price is not dependent on natural gas prices moving up since most just transport the gas, not produce it.  Check out this article here from Smartmoney on them: http://www.smartmoney.com/sturmscreen/index.cfm?story=june03

I currently own VLI, PPX, KPP and MMP.  McDep also covers these stocks.

Howard

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor