[RT] Optimize/OverOptimize

Group,

Dave is an Agilent, triple-degreed, engineer.
Two weeks ago, he presented this work to our Denver Trading Group's weekly
meeting (actually, this group meets every Thursday and most Saturday's).
Once a month, I moderate a SIG on mechanical trading (and I
haven't seen less than eighty people in the room since I've been
attending).

Although, I don't agree with certain aspects of his
presentation and I somewhat object to his assigning my name to the "Karnish
System" (it has become a bastardized
off-shot of my work), I still believe that there is a lot of merit to aspects of
his work.  The "Karnish System" has become the moniker for systems (along
the front range of Colorado) that stochastically smoothes a momentum
oscillator that initiates buy and sell signals using symmetrical
triggers.

I neither want to endorse, defend or criticize
Dave's work...but, offer this for group members to stimulate
thought.

Take care,

Steve

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor