[RT] Re: mentoring...the last of a dying thread..

  • To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [RT] Re: mentoring...the last of a dying thread..
  • From: "Jim Thompson" <jlmt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 21:37:14 -0800

Happy holidays ....I'd have to agree with the below.  But you can work
through the 'heat in the kitchen' and make it out the other side if there is
tenacity in your midst.  I didn't say it was easy.  I had some help with my
TA but I was pretty much left to my own devices for the 'mental' aspect of
things.  It hasn't been an overly easy road, though it has been 'rewarding'.
Fortunately, things like 'mental stretching' get transfered to other aspects
of our lives.  In our society we expect to get 'paid' for work done.  In
trading, sometimes we do and sometimes we don't get paid regardless of the
endless hours we may put into it....there are no guarantees.  If you can't
deal with that, trading won't be your last  'calling'.  The sooner I
realized I had issues with patience, fear and greed as I believe all traders
have to various degrees and the sooner I 'dealt' with them, the quicker was
the turn around in my overall trading success and performance.   These
issues for me are by no means 'solved' nor will they or should they ever be
with anyone...neither are the mechanics for the perfect trade...but instead
it's a continuing learning and growing pathway.   That to me is one of the
greatest absolute pleasures of life.....learning.    Sure I tinker and I
tweak with indicators, methods and systems, but my results end up far better
in my favor when I spend the time on 'me' rather than my system.
Jim (gone for 10 days as of the 26th)