Re: [RT] selling services (and a gift)

Thanks to Clyde again for the quality and consistency of his posts -- I like the ellipse. I put it on one-minute bars, and was reminded that TS redraws trendlines with each new bar. This annoyed me (again). So I adapted Clyde's code to use plot's instead of tl's. This makes the refresh faster.

The change is simple. (1) Comment out all the lines that draw the trendlines, i.e. the lines that begin with "tl_". Note there are 3 places a new trendline (tl_new) is drawn. And (2), add the plot statements to the code block begins with "if Condition1 then begin". Set their style to "line". The result should look like this:

        If Condition1  then begin
           plot2[currentbar-ii](yys1,"",Value95,LinStyl,LinWide);
           plot3[currentbar-ii](-yy1+yys1,"",Value95,LinStyl,LinWide);
           plot4[currentbar-ii](yy1+yys1,"",Value95,LinStyl,LinWide);
{ comment-out the trendline stuff
          {Plot + side of ellipse}
          han = tl_new(datexp1,timexp1,yy1+yys1,datexp, timexp,yy+SumY);
          tl_setcolor(han, Value95);
          tl_setsize(han, LinWide);
          tl_setstyle(han, LinStyl);
          tl_setextright(han,false);
          tl_setextleft(han,false);}
          {Plot - side of ellipse}
          han = tl_new(datexp1,timexp1,-yy1+yys1,datexp, timexp,-yy+SumY);
          tl_setcolor(han, Value95);
          tl_setsize(han, LinWide);
          tl_setstyle(han, LinStyl);
          tl_setextright(han,false);
          tl_setextleft(han,false);}
end of comment-out }
        end;

I used this tl approach for the Log Spiral I posted a while ago, with versions for both plot's and tl's. The tl's looked better and were easier to use.

Someday I will get around to simulating the AdvGET Ellipse function, and Clyde's code will help display it. It should be possible to "move" the ellipse in real time.

/Gregory Wood