[RT] Re: Benchmarking Hard drive

--- In realtraders@xxxx, "Sean Cassidy" <scassidy@xxxx> wrote:
> Sorry to take so much time with this.....but hopefully its helping
some others as well. I benchmarked my hard drive with that program
and took several readings. Most were between 4300 and 5200 kbps when
the defaults were used.

That's VERY slow. I get readings 8X as fast. New 40GIG HD is $70.
If you are using 90% of your RAM (you said you were), then you are
running off virtual memory (AKA your HD). I don't know if it's THE
problem, but it is A problem for sure.

BW

>I cant find any info about whether or not this is good. I have a 3
year old, 9.5 gb hard drive with about 4 gbs left. Is this as
expected?

> SMC

Service.