Re: [RT] Worldcom Prefferred

to the best of my knowledge the only assets to hold in a company going bankrupt
are bonds that are collateralized by hard assets.  Preferably real estate.
 Equipment is usually a 10 cents on the dollar thing.  If  they can't come
up with a scheme to come out of bankruptcy then the scavengers go to work
on the bits and pieces of value and  stockholders don't get anything.  Take
a look at Global Crossings as a example. Or go all the way back to Penn Central.

Don Ewers wrote:
05b001c2901a$a517e030$0c26343f@xxxxxxxx">

  I forwarded a page from the "pink sheets"
that  indicates the preferred is trading at 5.75 (annual high was 25).  Has
 anyone on the list had any experience with a preferred of a bankrupt  company?
Is this headed for zero or is there any hope to recover the 77%  loss suffered?
Any help or insight would be appreciated so i can pass it  on.