Re[2]: [RT] One dummy down, more to go....

Hello M.,

I do agree with you that W's domestic team, esp the econ team, is weak
and ineffectual. I hope he cleans house for the good of the US and his
administration.  But your assessment of there pressure on W is wishful
thinking.  He is bullet proof for longer than 6 months.  The Pitt
resignation would have had more political advantage for Bush had it
been done the <day before> the election.  It would have shown W to be
concerned about corp corruption and all that blather the libs spout.

In my opinion W is perfectly situated for re-election.  Market has
declined in first two years, rates get slashed.  year 3 of election
cycle clicks in soon, maybe already.  market rallies into Nov, 04.
Dem's will put Pelosi in as minority leader.   she will embarrass the
Dem's every day.  Gray Davis will be a persona non grata by Nov, 04
and W will attempt to retake California.  Dem's are already switching
parties in the Georgia house. This looks to me like a replay of
Reagan's reign--tax cuts, economy pops, deficit that doesn't really
matter

W's vulnerability is that the economy is so broken it won't respond
normally or there's another terror incident that can be traced to
missteps of his administration.

that's my wishful thinking :)

Best regards,
 Jim Johnson                           mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxx