Re: [RT] Pattern Detector

Hi Lenny:

I did buy it in November 2000.  He had the right idea but I wasn't
really happy with it.  It was cumbersome and clunky.   It was a DOS
version and sometimes it would hang.  It had various file formats to
choose from,I used the Metastock format.

  When you go to load a history, all it showed was Fdat and dop files
instead of symbols,(Metastock format).  You had to go thru every dat
file and look at the bottom of the screen to see what name F140.dat
stood for.

When you bring the chart up, instead of highlighting bars of a
pattern, you had to find its dates and type them in.

Even thought it's stats were pretty good, it became frustrating to use.
I didn't think it was worth the money.

I'm not sure if he has improved on it or not.

Dominick

HREF="http://www.marketsonline.com/software/patterns.htm";>http://www.marketsonline.com/software/patterns.htm</A>

> I've brought it to Earl's attention in the past but I have never
used the
> program.
>
> Lenny
>
> PS - If you try it I want a report back : >)
>

> In a message dated 10/27/2002 1:19:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> dominick@xxxx writes:
>
> > Hi Gang!
> >
> > What I would like to find is a software that will enable me to
> > highlight anywhere from one to 16 or more consecutive price bars with
> > my cursor, then have that pattern become highlighted where ever it
> > appears on the chart.
> >
> > Then have the program perform various stats. For ex. How many times
> > that pattern appears, the number of times the next bar closed higher
> > and lower? The highest and lowest number of points up and down? And
> > the Average points up, and average pts down.
> >
> > You could also expand the number of next bars past the pattern, say 5
> > bars and see the stats on that and so on.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Dominick

Plan to Sell a Home?
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J2SnNA/y.lEAA/jd3IAA/zMEolB/TM