[RT] FW: Please Clear Virus

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexandra Harteam [mailto:norma@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 11:42 PM
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Subject: Fwd: Please Clear Virus

A virus has been passed on to us  by a contact. Our  address book may be
in turn infected. Since you are in my address book, there is a good chance
you will find it in your computer too.
The Virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee
anti-virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the
system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by the address book,
whether or not you sent emails to your contacts.
Here's how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it.
YOU MUST DO THIS
1 Go to Start, Find or Search option
2 In the file/ folders option, type the name: jdbgmgr.exe
3 Be sure your search your C: drive and all sub-folders and any other
drives you may have.
4 Click "find now"
5 The Virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN
IT
6 Go to Edit (on the menu bar), choose "select all" to highlight the
file without opening it
7 Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then go
to the Recycle Bin
IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS
BOOK, SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS
To do this:
a) Open a new e-mail message
b) Click the icon of the address book next to the "TO"
c) Highlight every name and add to "BCC"
d) Copy this message ... enter subject ... paste to e-mail ... send
Sorry for the inconvenience.

---

Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/jd3IAA/zMEolB/TM